FIBA Asia Zone Assembly 2019 was held at the Hotel Shangri La, Bengaluru ,India on 08th and 09th June 2019. This was graced by the President of FIBA International Mr.Horacio Muratore and the Secretary General of the FIBA International Mr. Andreas Zagklis.
Following officials are elected to the FIBA Asia Board for the term 2019-2023
President – Sheikh Saud Ali Al Thani – Qatar
Executive Director- Mr. Hagop Khajirian (Appointed)
Chairman – Mr. Yao Ming – China
Chairman of the Finance Committee - Mr. A. Sarker –Bangladesh
1st Vice President – Mr. Akram Halabi – Lebanon
2nd Vice President – Mr. Alfredo Panlilio – Philippines
Member of Gender Minority – Xu Lan - China
Representative from SABA – Mr. K.Govindraj – India
Dr. Chula Senaratne – Secretary General , Represented Sri Lanka Basketball Federation at the Assembly.
Sri Lanka Basketball Federation wish the new committee all the very best for their future activities.
1. FIBA Asia Board (2019-23)
2. Dr.Chula with the President FIBA Asia Sheikh Saud Bin Al Thani
3. Dr.Chula with the President Basketball Federation of India/ FIBA Asia Nominee for SABA Sub Zone Mr.K.Govindraj
4. Dr.Chula with FIBA Asia Executive Director Mr.Hagop Khajirian
5. Dr.Chula with the Chairman Finance Committee - FIBA Asia, Mr.A.Sarker